This framework is part of the OpenXC project. This iOS framework contains the tools required to read vehicle data from the vehicle's CAN bus through the OpenXC vehicle interface in any iOS application.
OpenXC iOS framework for use with the C5 BLE device. See also the openxc-ios-app-demo
- iOS - upto 11.2.5
- XCode - upto 9
- Swift - Swift3
Note: TravisCI build run will work only till XCode8.1-iOS10.1 (https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/7031) but the framework supports XCode 9 and iOS 11
Using the Framework
The framework can be picked directly from the releases
- Simulator build - openXCiOSFramework.framework.simulator.zip, ProtocolBuffers.framework.simulator.zip
- Device build - openXCiOSFramework.framework.device.zip, ProtocolBuffers.framework.device.zip
Building from XCode
Make sure you have XCode9 installed with iOS11 to build it from XCode. This framework must be included in any iOS application that needs to connect to a VI
Refer to this document for more details on installation and usage.
API usage details are available here.
Also see [Step by Step Guide] (https://github.com/openxc/openxc-ios-framework/blob/master/StepsToBuildOpenXCiOSFrameworkAndDemoApp.docx) to build framework.
- to be added
Building from Command Line
The project requires XCode, XCode command line tools installed.
To install XCode command line tools, follow these steps for XCode:
- Launch XCode
- Go to Preferences - Locations - Command Line Tools - Install
- Open "Terminal" and change directory to framework
- Run - xcodebuild clean build test -project openxc-ios-framework.xcodeproj -scheme openxc-ios-framework
Releasing the App and Library
- Update CHANGELOG.mkd
- Merge into master push to GitHub
- Travis CI will take care of the rest.
Please see our [Contribution Documents] (https://github.com/openxc/openxc-ios-framework/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.mkd)
Copyright (c) 2016 Ford Motor Company Licensed under the BSD license.