OpenXC Vehicle Interface Firmware
|Keywords:||vehicle, openxc, embedded|
The OpenXC vehicle interface (VI) firmware runs on a microcontroller connected to one or more CAN buses. It receives either all CAN messages or a filtered subset, performs any unit conversion or factoring required and outputs a generic version to a USB interface.
For the full build instructions, see the documentation.
- Make sure you release the Python library first if there are any updates
script/bootstrap/ci-requirements.txtto use released version at PyPI (i.e. the requirement should be
- Make sure you release the openxc-message-format library first if there are any updates
- Update the src/libs/openxc-message-format with
git submodule update --remote
- Checkout next branch and make edits.
- Bump the version using semantic versioning in
- Checkout master, merge in next
- Run 'fab release', say yes to the tag and use the format
- This will run the test suite, tag, and push to GitHub
- Checkout the next branch, and edit the same files to change the version to the
next development release (one patch release up with the
- Go to https://github.com/openxc/vi-firmware/releases and promote the tag you
just created to a new release - copy and paste the changelog into the
- Attach the
releasesdirectory to the release on GitHub
- Attach the
Copyright (c) 2012-2018 Ford Motor Company
Licensed under the BSD license.
This repository includes links to other source code repositories (as git submodules) that may be distributed under different licenses. See those individual repositories for more details.