Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- BREAKING: This version requires updates to the virtual machine. 'vagrant up --provision' must be run after 'git pull'.
- BREAKING: VI-Firmware 8.0.0 is not backwards compatable due to memory management updates and must be used with OpenXC-Python 2.0.0 or greater.
- Update: Update Travis to Bionic.
- Update: Update Vagrant to Bionic.
- Update: Update Vagrant to dynamically allocate vcpus based on host cpu count.
- Update: Update vm to use python3.
- Fix: Out of memory error, drastically reduced memory cost per message.
- Fix: Fix gitdir for submodules allowing host machine to still use git on vi-firmware.
- Fix: Cleaned up multiple imports of the isotp and uds-c.
- Fix: Fix bug with ignition detection.
- Feature: Added code to remove signals.cpp when compiling emulator firmware.
- Feature: Added checks to vm for old python and vm versions.
- Feature: Added the ability for the user to set the pin on the bluetooth module.
- BREAKING: Removed fine_odometer_since_restart from emulator.
- Feature: Added sending evented messages from emulator. Evented messages will come at a slower rate then other messages to simulate real world frequency
- Fix: When building emualtor, obd2, or translated_obd2 firmware, those designations will now be indicated in the version number instead of the type number in signals.cpp.
- Feature: Add support for multi-frame diagnostic responses (currently just for receiving, not sending)
- Feature: VIs running emulator firmware will now respond to basic diagnostic requests from enabler and the command line. The response will mimic the request's bus, message ID, mode, and PID (if sent). The response will also include a randomly generated value between 0 and 100. Recurring diagnostic messages when running emulator firmware are currently not supported.
- Update: Moved Vagrant VM to xenial64. Several updated packages.
- Fix: Fixed a few bugs with C5 support from initial release:
- BLE Broadcast name and MAC
- CAN2 access
- UART debug access
- Updated flash instructions
- Feature: Add PLATFORM command
- BREAKING: This version requires updates to bootstrap. 'vagrant up --provision' must be run after 'git pull'.
- Feature: Support for C5 BLE
- Feature: Support for SD cards & RTC (real-time-clock) for C5 devices
- Feature: TEST_MODE_ONLY compile option for hardware tests on C5
- Feature: Support for MessagePack in addition to JSON & ProtoBuf
- Fix: Update nanpb repo location to Git.
- Fix: Keep same setuptools version.
- Fix: Update ChipKIT digitlent URL (requires disable SSL cert checks).
- Fix: Minor doc updates.
- Feature: Added support for new CrossChasm C5 Cellular platform. Includes new http-parser submodule. Requires new v0.5+ of openxc-message-format
- BREAKING: Update platform variable names from CROSSCHASM_C5 to CROSSCHASM_C5_BT or CROSSCHASM_C5_CELLULAR (fab c5bt or c5cell)
- Improvement: Improved automatic release process.
Fix: Delay at startup to allow timers to stabilize, to avoid shutting down too soon when using OBD2_IGNITION_CHECK power mode with DEBUG=0;
- BREAKING: Update to latest OpenXC message format, including updated binary
- BREAKING: Deprecate USB control commands for version and device ID - use
generic control command type instead, with the same payload format as if
sent via UART/BT.
- BREAKING: Refactor tire and door handlers for use as signal decoders.
- BREAKING: Changed
DEFAULT_UART_LOGGING_STATUSbuild config to
DEFAULT_LOGGING_OUTPUTto be able to use UART, USB, or both for logging.
- Feature: Support setting explicit CAN frame format when writing messages
- Feature: Support control command to enable/disable passthrough of CAN messages
on each CAN controller.
- Feature: Support control command to dynamically change the status of the CAN
acceptance filter (#301).
- Feature: Support control command to dynamically change the payload format
(#302). Note that binary commands sent to the VI are not yet supported,
there are still bugs.
- Feature: Support new
actionfield of diagnostic requests from OpenXC message
- Feature: Add a loopback property to CAN buses to support self-testing.
- Improvement: Return a command response with a status for all diagnostic
- Improvement: Update required GNU for ARM version to -4_8-2014q2-20140609
- Improvement: Update required MPIDE version to 20140821 with associated updates
- Improvement: Update to latest version of chipKIT peripheral libraries.
- Improvement: Update required nanopb version to v0.3.1 (#269).
- Improvement: Compile test with LLVM's Clang, which provides much better
warnings. Fix a lot of minor but important things that it found.
- Improvement: Use new self-receive capabilities in VI for a functional test
suite that runs on actual hardware. See
- Fix: Don't let defined CAN messages interfere with normal operation when the
CAN AF is disabled (#260).
- Fix: Pass a valid Pipeline object to signal handler (#263).
- Fix: Fix double de-reference that caused the VI to crash when receiving
commands while using the binary payload format.
- Fix: Match diagnostic request command name to the OpenXC message format.
- Fix: Improve build process to make sure stray signals definitions are not
unintentionally included (#249).
- Fix: Work around lack of symlinks in Windows when setting up development
- Fix: Calculate correct payload size when receiving data via USB endpoint 0 on
- Fix: Respect configuration of raw write permissions for I/O interfaces (#274).
- Fix: Use blocking UART writes on LPC17xx to work around a race condition
- Fixed a regression with the ignoreDecoder, where signals were never marked as
Build 2: Re-build v6.0.3 without an incorrect signals.cpp in the folder! (#249)
- BREAKING CHANGE: The PLATFORM environment variable must now be explicitly set
when running any of the
- BREAKING CHANGE: Move all platform-specific CAN code from generated
signals.cpp to vi-firmware internals (requires an update to openxc-python).
- Include a config for Vagrant to build a VI firmware development environment.
- Deprecate support for compiling in Cygwin - now recommending Vagrant as it
will be much more manageable to support.
- Explicitly set all Makefile options when building binary releases.
- Add compile shortcuts with Fabric and recommend that for most simple builds.
- Fixed a regression in CAN AF configuration on PIC32 platforms
- Updated all shared handlers to use new V6.0 API, fixing the example
configurations in the process.
- Fix a regression where signal handlers were not being called if frequency was