OpenXPKI Trustcenter Software
A software stack based on perl and openssl to run a PKI/trustcenter with an enterprise-grade feature set.
- WebUI compatible with all major browsers
- Ready-to-run example config as public git repo (openxpki/openxpki-config)
- File-based configuration (eases versioning, staged deployment and change control)
- Support for SCEP (Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol) and EST
- Easy adjustment of workflows to personal needs
- Run multiple separate CAs with a single installation
- automated rollover of CA generations
- Can use Hardware Security Modules (e. g. Thales HSMs) for crypto operations
- Issue certificates with public trusted CAs (e. g. SwissSign, Comodo, VeriSign)
- Based on OpenSSL and Perl, runs on most *nix platforms
- 100% Open Source, commercial support available
There is no planned release schedule, we make new releases after fixing relevant bugs or adding new features.
With release 3.2/3.3 we started to have two active release lines: A new stable release, which is fully tested and will upgrade seamlessly within the same major version (see https://semver.org/), gets a minor version with even number (3.2.0). Updates to this release will be done only for critical bugs, such releases will be announced on the openxpki-users mailing lists.
Packages for SLES, RHEL, Ubuntu are available via subscription plans.
Development releases will be tagged with an odd number (3.3.x), those releases should not be used in production. Packages might be published for such releases, the corresponding docker image is named (whiterabbitsecurity/openxpki3dev).
A public demo is available at http://demo.openxpki.org/.
To run OpenXPKI yourself get a Debian box (Current release is v3 for Buster) ready and download the packages from the package mirror. The packages come with a full-featured sample config and a sample setup script - this gets your PKI up in less than 5 minutes! Just follow our Quickstart Instructions.
There is also a ready-to-use docker image whiterabbitsecurity/openxpki3, see https://github.com/openxpki/openxpki-docker.
Support / Issue Tracker
Please use the projects mailing lists to get support. Please do NOT use the github issue tracker for general support and ask on the list before filing an issue. If you file an issue, add sufficient information to reproduce the problem.
Contributions are always welcome. Please fork and make a pull request against the development branch. Please also add you name to the AUTHORS file (which implies that you agree with the contributors license agreement).
Apache License 2.0, also see LICENSE