WikiFundi 2.0 is the officially supported version of WikiFundi 1.0 pilot.
- WikiFundi should support features of WikiFundi 1.0
- WikiFundi should work properly AFAP everywhere, at least with Windows, Linux and MacOS (Web browsers)
- On captive portal technologies (in particular on MacOS) should not impair user experience.
- All contents (audio/video/sounds) should be available and readable (in particular on MacOS).
- Other feature requests and existing bugs should be fixed. See https://github.com/kiwix/wikifundi/issues
Non functional requirements
- All the documentation and code should be in the WikFundi git repo
- Developement should be transparent and all improvments should be immediatly visible in the script
- Everything should be published using GPLv3 or GFDL (for the documentation).
- Create a Docker "all-in-one" allowing to setup quickly a Mediawiki instances. All important configuration things should be configurable in the container (not in the image). All important user-driven data should be easy to backup (through persistent volumes).
- WPEN/WPFR (empty) mirror setup procedures should be documented, or even better scripted (with the help of a Docker hosting platform), using of course precedent docker image/containers.
- Creation/Filling of WikiFundi WPFR/WPEN mirror should be done using Pywikibot Python solution. Content to mirrors and further adaptation should be normalized using a configuration files, so we should have one for WPEN and one for WPFR. The whole procedure should be fully automated/robust and documented (if still necessary).
- Online instances of Wikifundi FR/EN should be available online for verification by the Wikifundi users/PM.
- Validated Wikifundi versions should be exportable as Docker image, so we can publish them. Such Docker images are important for people wanting easily to setup a Wikifundi instance on a system able to run Docker. Export should also take the form of exported tarballs like made for WikiFundi 1.0 https://download.kiwix.org/other/wikifundi/
- All precedent points should be easily manageable through a Continuous Integration solution.
- Rasperry-PI solution with be new kiwix-plug platform based on Ideascube
- Configuration of the multiple kiwix-plug images will be done using Pibox-installer
- Building image and preparing the images will be done using Pibox-installer and cardshop (if ready)