The text of these drug labels were downloaded from DailyMed on Thursday October 3, 2019. They were identified using Established Product Class via URLs generated by the FDALabel version 2.4 (beta) API.
All drugs from the following Established Product Classes (EPC) were retrieved (permanent link to query):
- Opioid agonist EPC query permalink
- Opioid agonist/antagonist EPC query permalink
- Partial opioid agonist EPC query permalink
- Babiturate EPC query permalink
- Benzodiazepine EPC query permalink
- Central nervous system stimulant EPC query permalink
The corpus has 2,177 results as individual text files, stored in this ZIP archive (~50 MB). Each label is separated by filename stems, in 4 directories corresponding to the following classes:
|Drug Class||Filename Convention||Number of Labels||Earliest Year||Latest Year|
See detailed description here.
Pre-Licensed for Reuse
The Opioid Data Lab makes the corpus available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Modification and commercial use are allowed with attribution; please mention "Opioid Data Lab at OpioidData.org" if using this file.
The original data from label data from FDA are Public Domain and Creative Commons Universal (CC0 1.0).