Slack to OpsGenie Alert Creator
Some of our customers want a way to create alerts from messages sent to a Slack channel. This is a sample Lambda function to help you achieve this.
It is an
Outgoing WebHook application for Slack. Slack will post the messages sent to a channel to our API Gateway endpoint and we will create an alert in OpsGenie by using our AWS Lambda function.
- Install Node.js and npm
How to use
Clone or download the repository
In repository's folder run
Install serverless for easy deployment, it will deploy lambda function and create an API Gateway endpoint automatically
npm install -g serverlessto install
serverless.ymlfile by entering
slackToken(received from Slack integration page) and
opsgenieApiKey(received from OpsGenie Api Integration) environment variables
- Follow these instructions on setting up AWS credentials for Serverless if you haven't done already
serverless deployand all you want will be ready at a glance!
- Copy the link from the command line (one in the orange square in the image below) or you can always find it in your AWS account's API Gateway service
- Paste it to your Slack integration
- You can always take it back by running
- Go https://slack.com/apps/build/custom-integration and add a new Outgoing Webhooks integration
- Configure your Outgoing Webhook
- Select a channel (optional)
- Select a keyword (optional)
- Paste the url received after deployment (Api Gateway URL)
tokenand paste it to
serverless.yml's slackToken field
So you need more?
If you want to create a fully featured Slack application with slash commands, events, and interactive messages, you might want to look at https://github.com/johnagan/serverless-slack-app repository. It really does a lot for you!