OpSim is an open source Chemical Engineering Process Simulator with a user friendly drag-and-drop graphical user interface and an underlying high performance simulation engine. OpSim is cross-platform and runs equally well on Linux, Windows and Macintosh computers.
If you would like to start using OpSim immediately please check out our release page. There you will find a fully containing zipfile suited for your platform. Please report any issues or ideas that you have to improve OpSim.
Building and installation
The following is a basic outline for compiling and installing OpSim...
- To build you'll first need to setup a build environment. The procedure for this can vary depending on your OS so I'll only cover the high points...
- You'll need the Free Pascal Compiler, version 3.0.4
- OpSim uses pmake to build the sources
- Once you have a working build environment you can setup the build by creating a subfolder in the trunk (e.g.
build) and running
pmake ..for an out of source build
- OpSim is designed to require a minimum set of dependencies. As of now only the readily available OpenGL is required.
- You can now build OpSim by issuing
- To install OpSim, including all platform dependent libraries, scripts and other supporting files issue a
- If all goes well OpSim will be compiled and installed on your machine