Opskelaton is an opinionated bootstrap tool for local Sandbox projects, it aims to solve the following common issues:
- Developing Puppet/Chef modules/cookbooks on master machines which results with 'It works on my master/server' approach.
- Large monolithic Puppet/Chef code bases, code isn't modular or reusable.
- Implicit/Missing dependencies including: Ruby version, OS, gems, modules/cookbooks.
- Manual steps in setting up and maintaining such projects.
- Non standard layout, projects missing README and LICENSE files, no clear separation between developed and dependant code.
- Lacking development guidelines (for example extracting general modules and exporting them).
- No continues build, linting and testing, provisioning code is second class citizen.
Opskeleton comes to solve these issues by introducing a decentralized development work flow with pre-defined layout, packaging and dependency management.
Copyright and license
Copyright  [Ronen Narkis]
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.