My proposal for Improve existing BuildmLearn Toolkit app and add new templates to it was selected for Google Summer of Code 2016. I worked with the organisation BuildmLearn under the awesome mentor-ship of Pankaj Nathani (@croozeus) and Neha Dhanwani (@NehaDhanwani).
First of all I would like to explain what BuildmLearn Toolkit app is:
Its is an easy-to-use android app that helps the users make another mobile apps without any knowledge of android application development. It helps creating mobile application with various functionality and allows teachers to input their custom content. Targeted at teachers, this toolkit helps them make learning fun and engaging through mobile apps.
###Task Goals Completed ::
- Addition of new Comprehension Template and its app.
- Addition of new VideoCollection Template and its app.
- Addition of new Dictation Template and its app.
- Addition of new Match Template and its app.
- Improving design of InfoTemplate ‘s simulator and its app.
- Improving design of Learn Spelling Template ‘s simulator and its app.
- Improving design of Flash Card Template ‘s simulator and its app.
- Improving design of Quiz Template ‘s simulator and its app.
- Adding the feature of creation of APK with unique android app for all the templates.
- Adding of automated build system – Travis CI.
- Adding of automated code reviews and monitoring code quality system over time – Codacy.
- Improvement of existing code.
- Fixing Bugs.
- Adding Documentations.
###Repositories contributed to ::
###Link to list of commits ::
- v1.5.0 & v2.0.0 BuildmLearn/BuildmLearn-Toolkit-Android/releases
- v2.5 & v3.0 BuildmLearn/Toolkit-mobile-templates/releases
It was a great experience working for four months in my GSoC project under BuildmLearn. I sincerely thank my mentor Pankaj Nathani (@croozeus) and co-mentor Neha Dhanwani (@NehaDhanwani) for their support. Thanks Google and BuildmLearn for giving us this opportunity.