Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
The main focus of this release was to support right to left text translations, particularly Arabic.
- Created a new Arabic translation mode, operating in two split panes
- Java 9 and 10 is now supported
- A suite of tests has been created around the typical use cases of Nammu in both left to right and right to left modes
- Right to left text detection can identify Arabic, Kurdish, and Farsi
- Error messages that were being suppressed are now shown to the user
- Unused imports and other bits of code maintenance
- Identification of a language from the config file was silently failing
- Several threading issues were identified in the syntax highlighting, which were causing memory leaks, these have now been resolved
get_viewport_caretsmethod has been refactored
Some characters were not displaying on OS X with Monaco, so this release uses Deja Vu Sans by default in all operating systems.
This release also contains other hotfixes and work towards Nammu's Arabic translation functionality, however it is still unstable.
This release includes some bug fixes so that Nammu 1.0 can run on Java version 10. This resolves the issue reported in #333 and has been tested on java 8 and 10 on Mac and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
This is a temporary release for testing, but still needs some refactoring, particularly regarding undo/redo management within the translation pane. See #341 for more information
This release has focused on the implementation of user customizable font and appearance settings. This was achieved through the creation of a new appearance settings pane. Other changes focused on the improvement of error and status reporting to the user and the overall improvement of the user experience
See below for more details.
- Added functionality to allow users to alter the editor font size
- Added functionality to allow users to change the console font and background colour to enhance accessibility
- User inputs are now all validated to ensure they do not cause unexpected behaviour, for example the user cannot set the console font color to black if the background color is already set to black
- Line number spacing is updated alongside the changes in font size
- A bug where users could save non atf files which caused the validation server to fail with a success message has been resolved
- The file save and load dialogue have been made more consistent with regard to file extensions
- Some legacy code which was being imported but not used has been removed
- Error handling has been added to the default path setting, so that a missing directory will not cause a crash
- The model view button caused a crash if a multi fragment file was loaded. This has been resolved and appropriate information is written to the console to inform users that this is an experimental feature
- Refactoring of the settings menu construction to make more extensible in the future
- Update the readme to clarify some of the instructions and to remove warnings about using large files
- New server address has been added to the default config file but has not been set as the default.
- Further error handling has been added to the loading and saving of user config files
- Increment version number of Nammu to
1.0.0and the settings file to
This release has been created out of the stable version released as Nammu 1.0.0 with the purpose of assigning a DOI so it can be cited from research publications.