Chef Cookbooks For Oracle Solaris
Chef Cookbooks to automate administration of Oracle Solaris.
Chef Cookbooks Overview
- beadm, Solaris Boot Environments management
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 release
- Chef Client, can be installed manually or via Omnitruck installer
- Chef Server to push cookbooks to client nodes (with Chef Client installed)
- Make sure to pass appropriate arguments in your cookbook/recipe
- Refer to documentation of individual cookbooks for various options and arguments supported by each cookbook
- No additional setup or configuration is required
Testing Cookbooks With Chef Development Kit (ChefDK)
If you are testing cookbooks with ChefDK:
- Download ChefDK from https://downloads.chef.io/chefdk
- Prepare Solaris vagrant image follow https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/boxes/base.html
- Upload the cookbooks to ~/cookbooks directory
- Run the cookbooks by enabling it in .kitchen.yml.
By default ~/cookbooks directory is used. If you use a non-default directory update .kitchen.yml with add 'cookbook_path: "test/cookbooks"' in suites section.
name: vagrant provisioner: name: chef_solo no_proxy: localhost,127.0.0.1 verifier: name: busser network: - ["private_network"] - ["private_network"] platforms: - name: solaris suites: - name: default run_list: - recipe[deploy-cookbook::default]
The Chef cookbooks were created for use in Oracle Solaris 11.3 release.
This project is an open source project. See CONTRIBUTING for details.
Oracle gratefully acknowledges the contributions to open source projects that have been made by the community.
Copyright (c) 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
See LICENSE for full license agreement.