Symphesis is a music collaboration app that allows you to make music with others online asynchronously. With some inspiration from Ben Pardo for suggesting african drumming as a model for asynchrounousity. The live version may be found on Heroku.
- Log in with Google Account
- Create your own room
- Join a room and jam!
- Record motifs and broadcast to everyone in the room.
- We now have 6 different instruments for you to use.
- Visualizer for audio
- Metronome visualization/muting
- Save audio file
- Ability to change tempo
- Ability adjust volume on each instrument.
Symphesis uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- [node.js] - evented I/O for the backend
- [Express] - fast node.js network app framework
- [React] - the streaming build system for frontend io.
- [Redux] - state management for React.
- [Socket IO] - for broadcasting events to an endpoint
- [Multer] - for write data to server
- [Yarn] - for package management
- [Heroku] - for deployment / hosting our app
- [Mongo] - for storage of users
- [Passport] - for authentication
- [HTML5/CSS] - the language to make anything appear in the browser.
And of course Dillinger itself is open source with a [public repository][dill] on GitHub