Bounce is a visual language using Google Blockly- somewhat like Scratch. It is designed for the esp8266/NodeMCu using the LUA NodeMCU firmware.
Download the release zip file for your platform from https://github.com/orionrobots/Bounce/releases, unzip and you should be able to run it.
See this video for an introduction to it:
To use this with your esp8266/NodeMCU:
- First you will need to have a serial/USB driver to connect the esp to Windows - connect the ESP8266 and windows should prompt for this.
- Then use the NodeMCUFlasher software to put NodeMCU on your ESP8266 if it doesn't already have this.https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firmware
- Start up Bounce.
- The ESP should be connected by this point. Click the "Find Nodes" button.
- The right hand side is the serial console - showing interactions with nodes, it should list those it has tried, and their responses.
- The drop down above this allows you to select a serial port where a NodeMCU has been detected. Select yours here.
- Now click the connect button.
- You can now start code on the NodeMCU with the Run button.