Author: ORNL DAAC
Date: May 15, 2018
Contact for ORNL DAAC: email@example.com
The tutorial outlined in the jupyter notebook will explore using the Python to access MODIS Land Products through the new (May 2018) REST-based web service hosted by the ORNL DAAC. For a full description and usage examples of the web service, please visit the ORNL DAAC's MODIS site: https://modis.ornl.gov/data/modis_webservice.html
Using the MODIS Web Service users can:
- Retrieve MODIS subsets through command line operations
- Download and integrate subsets directly into client-side workflows
- Download and visualize subsets with customized code ... and much more.
This tutorial will demonstrate how to do the following in Python:
- dates and subset request examples
- build a time series of MOD11A2 land surface temperature from multiple web service subset requests
- perform quality control filtering based on multiple MODIS qc criteria
Other methods for accessing data through the web service are described at the MODIS web page; https://modis.ornl.gov.
Python 2 or 3 Libraries: requests, json, datetime, pandas, numpy, matplotlib
Access the the tutorial here: