Base64 Drag and Drop
Drag and drop files in Firefox and Chrome to convert them to base64 strings.
Features (or, "What makes this so cool?")
- encodes any file into a base64 string
- easy drag and drop of files on your computer into the drop zone
- works offline; files aren't uploaded anywhere, so your sensitive data is safe
- for Firefox, no server needed, just open index.html from your file manager
- very portable; entire tool is contained in one file (index.html)
- previews images as data URIs, for easy copying into CSS
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6+ or Google Chrome 6+ (maybe Opera 11.1+ and IE10+ also?)
- Open index.html in your browser. Firefox doesn't even need it to be on a server (Chrome can only get the file info, but can't read the file to convert to base64, so either copy to your local web server or use the online version).
- Drag files from your file manager into the drop zone.