Balancing of legged robots in multi-contact scenarios.
This library uses common operations over convex polyhedra in higher dimensions in order to assess the problem of stability and motion feasibility of legged robots.
What you can do with this package
- find various example formulations of linear, convex or nonlinear optimization problems;
- find examples of convex and nonlinear trajectory optimization problems for legged robots;
- find implamentation of Iterative Projection algorithms for the solution of geometrical problems related to legged locomotion stability and feasibility analysis
- generate animated plots
sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-graph-msgs
- Pypoman for the manipulation of polyhedrical object
Install dependencies by:
sudo apt-get install cython libglpk-dev python python-dev python-pip python-scipy CVXOPT_BUILD_GLPK=1 pip install cvxopt --user pip install pycddlib --user pip install pypoman
You can remove all
--user arguments to install these Python modules system-wide.
- Ipopt and its Python interface Pypi for the solution of large-scale nonlinear optimization problems
- ffmpeg for the generation of Matplotlib animations
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
- unittest for testing of dependencies installation and for development
Testing the library
Jet-Leg comes with a number of unit tests intended to check the proper installation of the packages and make sure that all the mandatory depedencies are properly found. For this purpose, after completing the installation navigate to the unit_test_main.py and run it.
After that, navigate to the examples folder to find more explanation on the usage of the package.
- if CVXOPT is not found even after trying the pip-installation, we then suggest to try install the version 1.1.4 of CVXOPT using Synaptic or to clone and install it manually after building.
- IMPORTANTE NOTE: delete every previous installation of cvxopt that is in the system using locate cvxopt (after sudo updatedb)