Battery Prolonger is a simple Mac OS X application, that informs you when is the best time to plug in/unplug your MacBook to/from a power adapter to prolong your battery life.
"Cadex Electronics CEO Isidor Buchmann told WIRED that ideally everyone would charge their batteries to 80 percent then let them drain to about 40 percent. This will prolong the life of your battery — in some cases by as much as four times."
Website (download & screenshots)
Currently there is no update system implemented. If you don't want to miss any updates, please follow me on Twitter: @linkesch
- Added support for retina displays
- Added support for OS X Yosemite dark mode
- Hide auto close option in preferences for OS X 1.8 and higher
- Use native Notification Center for OS X 1.8 and higher, else use Growl
- Hide action button for notification in OS X 1.8 and higher
- Added preferences window
- Added option to play sound allong to notification
- Added option to auto close notification window or to wait on click
- Added option to set custom limits
- Changed icons