This update release provides new features, enhancements and several bugfixes.
Most important change: For the taxonomic species identification Kraken has been replaced by a combined Mash/ANI approach against RefSeq genomes which resulted in a massively reduced db size, making ASA³P even more eligible for smaller systems!
- Replaced Kraken based kmer taxonomic classification by a Mash lookup / ANI computation approach
Updates & Enhancements
- Updated CARD db to 3.0.7
- Updated VFDB to 2020-04-28
- Updated PubMLST to 2020-04-28
- Improved scaffolding runtime performance
- Added JVM shutdown hook to delete tmp directories
- Fixed a memory leak in scaffolding report creation
- Fixed config strain check regex
- Removed redundand QC mapping index files