Oselvar GitHub Metrics
The CSV files are updates hourly by a GitHub Action.
View charts for this data at oselvar.com
Publish your own Oselvar Metrics
You can publish metrics for repositories in you own GitHub organisation and view them on https://oselvar.com/ To do this you need to set up a fork of this repository to host your data.
- Click the green
Use this templatebutton or follow this link.
- Modify repositories.txt and list your GitHub organisation's repositories.
If you want to override the default stages in the generated CSV, you can add a
;after the repo name, followed by a comma-separated list of stages.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Go to oselvar.com to see your data.
See Oselvar Connector for more details, or print the help:
npx @oselvar/connector-github@latest --help
Using a personal GitHub token
GITHUB_TOKEN provided by GitHub Actions is used by default to extract data from GitHub issues.
There are some situations where you may want to use a
- If you want to extract data from GitHub issues in a different organisation.
- If your GitHub Action job fails with an error message like
GraphqlError: Resource not accessible by integration.
Follow these steps:
- Create a new personal access token with
public_reposcope. Copy it to your clipboard.
- Store your new token in a new
PERSONAL_GITHUB_TOKENrepository secret via
New repository secret.
The next time your GitHub Action runs, it will pick up
PERSONAL_GITHUB_TOKEN instead of