Web Extension for Google Chrome and Firefox.
Hide what's not important for you on Twitter.com
Toggle these preferences in the extension options page:
- No fame: Hide number of followers and following count
- No vanity: Hide number of tweet likes, retweets and replies
- Hide promoted tweets
- Hide retweets
- Hide tweets liked by others
- Hide “Trends for you”
- Hide “Who to follow”
- Hide website footer
Install from store:
Install from source:
- Clone or download this repository:
- Navigate to
chrome://extensionsin Chrome's URL bar
- Click the Developer mode toggle
- Click Load unpacked
- Select the cloned repository folder
Version 2.1.2 (14 January 2023)
- Fixed bug where promoted tweets were not hidden on request. (issue #54)
Version 2.1.1 (4 June 2022)
- Fixed bug where the option to hide trends hides the entire sidebar. (issue #49)
Version 2.1.0 (1 January 2021)
- Added option to hide tweets liked by others. (⭐️ New feature)
- Fixed bug where search results for people are hidden. (issue #12)
- Fixed bug where options did not apply on mobile.twitter.com. (issue #22)
Version 2.0.2 (3 October 2020)
- Patch bump to participate in Promoted Add-ons Pilot Program on addons.mozilla.org
Version 2.0.1 (4 August 2020)
- Patch bump to fix broken extension uploaded to addons.mozilla.org
Version 2.0.0 (3 August 2020)
With this major version bump, support was removed for hiding things in the old Twitter UI (pre-2019). If you still need that, please use the v1.4.4 legacy version.
- Removed support for old Twitter UI (pre-2019)
- Added option to hide retweets (⭐️ New feature)
- Fixed hiding "Who to follow" recommendations when thy appear in a user's timeline. (issue #7)
Version 1.4.4 (3 June 2020)
- Fix a regression introduced in v1.4.3 which caused an endless refresh loop on a user's "Followers" and "Following" timelines when the option to hide "Who to follow" was enabled.
Version 1.4.3 (2 June 2020)
- Hide "Who to follow" recommendations when they appear in the main timeline as well as those that appear in the sidebar.
Version 1.4.2 (4 March 2020)
- Fixed a bug where video playback was broken when the option to hide promoted tweets was set.
Version 1.4.1 (3 March 2020)
- Fixed a bug where promoted tweets were not hidden when the option was set.
Version 1.4 (18 October 2019)
- Removed option to hide user profile card tooltips that show when hovering over user names because it also blocks media previews.
Version 1.3 (3 October 2019)
- Added option to hide user profile card tooltips that show when hovering over user names.
Version 1.2 (10 August 2019)
- Added support for new Twitter UI (circa 2019)
- Removed "No Bragging" feature
- Removed support for obsolete features in new Twitter UI:
- hide own likes count
- hide own moments
- hide tweet stats summary
- Renamed "No popularity" setting to "No vanity"
- Removed ability to differentiate between vanity metrics for own profile vs other profiles. Vanity: all or nothing.