Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
ReaderWithProgressBarclass. This wraps an
osmium::ProgressBarinto a nice little package allowing easier use in the common case.
- Add polygon implementation for WKT and GeoJSON geometry factories. (Thanks to Horace Williams.)
- Various tests.
- Add git submodule with
osm-testdatarepository. Before this the repository had to be installed externally. Now a submodule update can be used to get the correct version of the osm-testdata repository.
- The XML file reader was rewritten to be more strict. Cases where it could be tricked into failing badly were removed. There are now more tests for the XML parser.
strftimeby our own implementation. Uses a specialized implementation for our use case instead the more general
strftime. Benchmarked this to be faster.
- Changed the way IDs are parsed from strings. No asserts are used any more but checks are done and an exception is thrown when IDs are out of range. This also changes the way negative values are handled. The value
-1is now always accepted for all IDs and returned as
0. This deprecates the
string_to_uid()instead which returns a different type.
- It was always a bit confusing that some of the util classes and functions are directly in the
osmiumnamespace and some are in
osmium::utilnamespace is now declared
inline. which allows all util classes and functions to be addressed directly in the
osmiumnamespace while keeping backwards compatibility.
- An error is now thrown when the deprecated
pbf_add_metadatafile format option is used. Use
- Extended the
add_metadatafile format option. In addition to allowing the values
no, the new values
noneare now recognized. The option can also be set to a list of attributes
separated by the
+sign. Attributes are
user. All output formats have been updated to only output the specified attributes. This is based on the new
osmium::metadata_optionsclass which stores information about what metadata an
OSMObjecthas or should have. (Thanks to Michael Reichert.)
<(less than) operator on
OSMObjects now ignores the case when one or both of the timestamps on the objects are not set at all. This allows better handling of OSM data files with reduced metadata.
version = -1and
changeset = -1in PBF input. This value is sometimes used by other programs to denote "no value". Osmium uses the
- The example programs using the
getopt_longfunction have been rewritten to work without it. This makes using libosmium on Windows easier, where this function is not available.
- Removed the embedded protozero from repository. Like other dependencies you have to install protozero first. If you check out the protozero repository in the same directory where you checked out libosmium, libosmium's CMake will find it.
- Various code cleanups, fixing of include order, etc.
- Remove need for
winsock2library in Windows by using code from Protozero. (Thanks alex85k.)
- Add MSYS2 build to Appveyor and fixed some Windows compile issues. (Thanks to alex85k.)
- Use array instead of map to store input/output format creators.
- Update included
catch.hppto version 1.12.1.
- Remove check for lost ways in multipolygon assembler. This rules out too many valid multipolygons, more specifically more complex ones with touching inner rings.
- Use different macro magic for registering index maps. This allows the maps to be used for several types at the same time.
- Lots of code was rewritten to fix warnings reported by
clang-tidymaking libosmium more robust.
- Make ADL work for
- Various fixes to make the code more robust, including an undefined behaviour in the debug output format and a buffer overflow in the o5m parser.
- Range checks in o5m parser throw exceptions now instead of triggering assertions.
- Better checking that PBF data is in range.
writesystem calls for
- Use tag and type from protozero to make PBF parser more robust.
testdata-multipolygonon Windows was using the wrong executable name.