News Module for BrowserCMS
A module to create and display News Items or Press Releases content.
- News Articles - Contributors can create News Articles with attributes like release date, title, summary, body and an attachment.
- Friendly URLs - Each news article will have its own unique path created automatically based on its name. Published article can be accessed via these paths.
- RSS - Visitors can subscribe to an RSS feed that displays the most recent 15 News Articles.
- Recent News - Contributors can show the most recent few articles (via a Portlet) on any page. The exact # of articles shown can be configured.
- Archive - Visitors can browse all past articles. By default, the portlet will display articles in reverse chronological order, grouped by month.
- Categorized - Uses the core Category module to allow each News Article to marked for a particular Category. Both the Recent News and Archive can be configured to show articles only in a particular category.
- Configurable Views - Each portlet's view can be edited via the CMS UI to be tweaked for any site design.
- News Section - A top level 'News' section will be created along with several pages designed to handle the above features will be created.
The News Module defines a new content type, "News Article" which comes with the following fields.
- Name (Textfield)
- Release Date (Date Picker)
- Category (Select one)
- Summary (Textarea) - Appears in summarized lists (like 'Recent News')
- Body (HTML Editor) - Appears when individual news articles are viewed.
- File (File Upload) - Allows files attachments like PDF attachments to be added
- Tags (Free Form Tagging) - Allows multiple free form tags to be applied to any article.
The news module uses the standard BrowserCMS module instructions as detailed here: http://guides.browsercms.org/installing_modules.html
The news module will create several pages under a 'News' section in the root of the Sitemap. Contributors will need to publish these pages via the sitemap in order for them to display in the menus.