Hello and Welcome to MapRoulette.
MapRoulette is a micro-task platform for OpenStreetMap. MapRoulette.org gives you small Tasks you can complete in under a minute to improve OpenStreetMap. Anyone can create groups of tasks, called Challenges, that the community can complete together.
Besides the website maproulette.org, there is also a full API that you can use to integrate MapRoulette with your own tools.
On this wiki, you will find all the resources you need to use MapRoulette.org, create and manage Challenges, see statistics and interact with the MapRoulette API.
Topics below that are not links yet are not written yet :( Help is welcome! If you have suggestions for this documentation, or don't understand how something works, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a new issue.
Links marked with 📕 are OSM Diary entries.
Improving OSM with MapRoulette
- Setting your OSM Editor
- Setting your Map Base Layer
- Earning Points and the Leaderboard
- Your Dashboard
- Discovering Challenges
- About Quick Fix Challenges 📕
- Notifications and Email 📕
- Virtual Challenges
- Using Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using Layouts
- Using Mapillary Images 📕
- Solving Multiple Tasks Together
Creating and Managing Challenges on MapRoulette
- Creating Quick Fix Challenges
- Creating a Challenge 📕
- 🆕 Using Overpass queries to create Challenges 🚜
- Keeping your Challenges fresh
Working as a Team
- Projects and Project Managers
- Virtual Projects
- Reviewing 📕
- Exporting Challenge Data
- Using MapRoulette Hashtags 📕
Interacting with the MapRoulette API
- Full API Documentation (Swagger)
- Usage Examples