SublimErl (Erlang Tests)
SublimErl is a plugin for the text editor Sublime Text 2. It allows you to:
- Run Eunit tests ( all tests from file / single test )
- Run Common Tests ( single file )
- Run Dialyzer tests ( single file )
All within your test editor.
Here's a screenshot of SublimErl running an Eunit specific test in file.
SublimErl currently supports only on OSX and Linux. There are 3 ways to install it.
1. Sublime Package Control
Download and install the Sublime Package Control. This package controller allows you to easily manage your Sublime Text 2 plugins (installs / removals / upgrades).
2. Git Clone
Go to your Sublime Text 2
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text\ 2/Packages
~/.Sublime Text 2/Packages/
and clone the repository using the command below:
git clone https://github.com/ostinelli/SublimErl.git
3. File Download
Head to the downloads section and unzipping the downloaded file into the Sublime Text 2
- Run single Eunit test: position your cursor anywhere within your test function and hit
- Run all Eunit test in file: position your cursor outside any test function and hit
- Run all Common Tests in file: view the test file and hit
- Run Dialyzer on file: view the file and hit
- Re-Run the previous test: hit
Command-F8( you do not need to be viewing the test to launch it )
- View Common Tests results in browser: hit
A brief introduction video can be seen here:
To use SublimErl, you need to have:
To unleash the full power of the plugin, you will also need to comply to:
- OTP standards ( i.e. have your project defined according to OTP Directory Structure ).
- Rebar's conventions.
TL;DR: it basically means to organize your project structure using:
-- myproject |-- ebin |-- src |-- myproject.app.src |-- test