Safari App Extension for Wayback Machine (web.archive.org)
The official Safari App Extension for the internet archive's Wayback Machine didn't fulfill our needs and we thus felt, we could create something, which would serve ourselves and the community best.
The original concept for this extension was created by gingerbeardman, who is also the driving force behind the business logic
What does it do?
- the popover will show the last snapshot date for a page
- option to see latest snapshot, oldest snapshot, page history
- option to see domain files and domain data
- option to save snapshot of current page
- newest snapshot
- oldest snapshot
- page history
- ctrl + w -> will open Page History
You are able to define, which context menu items are added to your Safari Context Menu and which keyboard shortcut to use. We elected to use strg / ctrl as it is a rather unusual modifier on macOS
Available as a free extension in the App Store
We provide German & English translations at this time. We would love to work with others to add additional languages!
Use the issues page to collaborate with us or contact me at email@example.com to discuss directly