Note: OutFocus has retired (https://www.outfocus.in/outfocus-is-retiring-today/) and subsequently OutFocusRED is longer maintained. Some of the text (ex.: footer) and stuff were hardcoded into the theme, so if you're using this theme elsewhere and need support, contact us at contact(AT)thefeathers.in. We'll be happy to help!
OutFocus 3.0, codenamed OutFocus RED, is a WordPress theme in development for the major rebranding of OutFocus in 2016.
OutFocus RED, like WordPress, is open source. It's published under the GNU General Public License v3.0 (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html), which means it is free to reproduce and distribute as long as you include the original license (found along with this package).
OutFocus RED is being developed by CodeFeathers - http://www.thefeathers.in/code
OutFocus and CodeFeathers are subsidiaries of the Feathers - http://www.theFeathers.in
OutFocus is a free online magazine at http://www.OutFocus.in
OutFocus RED uses the CodeFeathers numbering standard. The format is as follows:
(major version).(minor version).(UI updates/patches).(date - yyyymmdd)
The date part of the version number is purely informational and can be ignored.
When the (minor version) number becomes 9, the update is in a major transition stage.
Hence, v2.8.x is an update to the v2.x.x line, while v2.9.x is a precursor to the v3.x.x line. This is to ensure that the first release candidate of a major version is always v.X.0.0
- Added social share buttons to posts
- Based on feedback, removed the red border around the screen
- Thin red border to highlight featured image
- Title and meta float over featured image rather than under
- Changed heading fonts to Poppins (Sans Serif)
- Slightly increased font sizes to improve readability (base: 18px)
- Adjusted content widths for more breakpoints to provide a more streamlined reading experience
- Homepage has restricted content width to differ from individual articles page and to scroll faster
- Removed masonry layout for index page
- Added support for infinite scroll
- Added logo support in customizer
- Added search icon
- Made newspaper layout (3 columns) for large screens
- Made 3 column masonry layout for index page
- First build