brew cask install telegram
mas install 747648890
If you would like, you can download the non-MAS version.
You can also download the beta version if you want to try the latest features and you are prepared for bugs and crashes. If you are running the beta, join the beta testing chat on Telegram to report bugs.
Contributors on GitHub
Bugs and Suggestions
You can help translate Telegram for macOS on Telegram’s translations platform. Pick your language, then look for the macOS translation set.
Telegram strives to protect your privacy. This app asks for as few permissions as possible:
- Microphone: You can send voice messages and make audio calls with Telegram.
- Camera: You can set your profile picture using your Mac’s iSight camera.
- Location: You can send your location to friends.
- Outgoing network connections: Telegram needs to connect to the internet to send your messages to your friends.
- Incoming network connections: Telegram needs to accept incoming connections for peer-to-peer voice calls.
- User-selected files: You can save files or images to your Mac.
- Downloads folder: Telegram can automatically download files or images you receive.
With Shortcuts you can learn how easy is navigate using your devices.
Telegram for macOS is licensed under the GNU Public License, version 2.0. See LICENSE for more information.
You can fork this application and make something awesome! Make sure that your fork follows these five requirements:
- Do get your own API ID.
- Don’t call your fork Telegram — or at least make sure your users understand that yours is unofficial.
- Don’t use our standard logo (white paper plane in a blue circle) for your fork.
- Do read and follow our security guidelines to make sure you take good care of your users’ data and protect their privacy.
- Do publish your code. The GPL license requires it!
How to Build
Instructions for building Telegram for macOS are in INSTALL.md.