Clone this wiki locally
There are numerous sync clients available which interface with the News app's API:
By appending ?subscribe_to=SOME_URL to your News app URL, you can launch the News app with a prefilled URL, e.g.:
The News app provides an API for parallel feed updates which is very similar to system and web cron. The following implementations exist:
Explore feeds section
The News app uses a JSON format to display the feeds in the explore feed section:
- Add feeds to the default News explore page
- How to provide an explore service The URL can be changed in the admin page to use a custom service to show feed recommendations
The News app provides a plugin interface for developers, see How to write plugins
Existing plugins include:
Requested plugins include: Hints and descriptions how on how to implement it are included. If you need further help, feel free to ask!
- Bookmark an article: Create a button that allows you to bookmark articles in the bookmarks app
- Delete content of inactive users: On bigger hosted installations it might be useful to clean up the database by removing content of inactive users
- Open all unread articles shortcut: This might be interesting for feeds that contain images and you just want to open all of them.
News API Documentation
The following libraries can be used to use the News app API easily: