Contributing to ownCloud.org website
Please take a moment to review this document in order to make the contribution process easy and effective for everyone involved.
Setup of a local development environment
- Install Wordpress >= 3.8.1
- Must be in the document root of the webserver (otherwise images won't load :( )
- Enter what you like for site title, admin user and password, none of this is stored in git
- a. Clone the www repo in a folder of your choice
- Activate the theme in Appearance > Themes
- Import the website content.xml file
- First install the Wordpress Import Plugin (via Tools > Import > Wordpress Import > Install Plugin)
- Select the content.xml file from the www repo and click upload
- Select Import
- Copy over config.php.sample to config.php and adjust settings as necessary (defaults will work just fine for local environments)
- In Settings > Reading assign a static front page of 'homepage'
- Fork the www repository
- Setup your local development environment using the instructions above, changing the remote origin url
- Submit a pull request to master, on github once the feature/bugfix is complete (this is so we can test it on the staging server)
- After review (usually following two thumbs up), a developer will permit the merge into master
- Code will be pulled onto staging.owncloud.org for testing (deployment there is automatic)
- Once the test looks good, staging will be cloned over to www.owncloud.org - this is handled by @tomneedham
- Please don't commit straight into the master or live branches, these branches should remain as stable as possible, and changes should be discussed amongst the community.