UPDATE - 2018/02 - Read about ColoradoCoin at ETHDenver
An experimental ERC20 token for organizating local communities. Dogfooded at Boulder Blockchain (and hopefully more Colorad-based meetups soon!)
Credit for the idea goes to Paul Foley, Rhys Lindmark, Kevin Seagraves. This concept is meant to be by and for the community; this repo is just one of the many possible implementations of it. Hat tip to Jonathan Palmer for helping with laser cutting and printing.
How it works.
ColoradoCoins can be physically created by:
- Printing the image above.
mint()ing some coins (see below) and placing them into a YouveGotETH QR Code.
- Physically affixing the ColoradoCoin image to the sticker printed in #1.
The QR Code that represents the private key (and a small amount of ETH for transfering them) via a YouveGotETH link.
Here's what they look like:
I'm aware the build quality needs improvement. This is a v0. (If you know anyone who could up the build quality, please contact me on twitter).
Anywho, here's what the 'receive' interface looks like:
- Mainnet: 0x2941deaad71adb02b944bd38ebce2f1f4c9a62dc
- Ropsten: 0x2941deaad71adb02b944bd38ebce2f1f4c9a62dc
Right now, there are 1200 tokens on the mainnet.
The tokens distribution as follows is:
- 1200 tokens: ETHDenver hackathon
Process for minting new tokens
As tokens are minted, this read me will be updated. If you're not the trusting type (and hey, you shouldn't be since we're in a trustless ecosystem), check the deployed contracts above for "mint" events or "mint" transactions.
Token Distribution Changelog
- 02/15/2018 - Minted 1200 tokens for ETHDenver.com.
- 12/28/2017 - Minted 300 tokens for demo purposes.
- 9/4/2017 - Minted 100 tokens for demo purposes.
- YouveGotETH Repo
- Turn Friends into Advocatges with ERC20 Token Giveaways
- Blockchain StartupCTO.io Episodes
These tokens are just given out for fun. They are never sold for money, fiat, or otherwise. They have no exchange value and the creators are not liable for their use or exchange. For more information, see the
LICENSE file in this repository.