Join GitHub today
If you want to become a project contributor you might want to have a look at this:
- Project page: http://owtf.org
- Github page: https://github.com/7a/owtf
- owtf git installation script (very basic atm): owtf_dir/install/install_git.sh
- GIT installation/setup instructions: http://help.github.com/linux-set-up-git/
Development IDE: Eclipse + PyDev
Installation steps (should work fine on Ubuntu / Backtrack / Kali Linux):
- apt-get install eclipse
- Install Pydev plugin using the guide present here (Better to install with update site)
- Use this guide to configure the python interpreter for Pydev. (Make sure you use Python 2.7 for OWTF development).
- Right click on code window > Preferences > Click on Show whitespace characters and make sure that Insert spaces for tabs is ENABLED!!!
- Ensure that 1 tab is replaced by 4 spaces.
- You might find the following helpful to have word wrap working in Eclipse: http://ahtik.com/blog/projects/eclipse-word-wrap/
- External library method/properties completion: Project > PyDev - PYTHON PATH > External libraries tab > Add Source Folder: /usr/share/pyshared/twisted (for twisted completion, location on bactrack 5)
Importing the OWTF pydev-project into Eclipse.
- In eclipse, go to files > import > general > existing projects into workspace
- Select the OWTF folder as root directory.
- Check the OWTF project in the project list.
- Click on Finish. The OWTF project will be imported.
PEP-8 INTEGRATION INTO ECLIPSE
In order to write the code for OWTF in the pythonic way, it is recommended to enable PEP 8 styling guide in eclipse. Follow these steps to integrate pep8.py with eclipse.
- In your Eclipse, go to Window->Preferences
- Choose PyDev > Editor > Code Analysis
- Go to pep8.py tab
- Choose the radio button for warning and click Ok.
Recommended reading - Commit Checklist