Homebridge to Google Smart Home
- Supported Device Types
- Installation Instructions
- Known Issues
Supported Device Types
- Light Bulb
- On / Off
- Color (Hue/Saturation)
- Fan (On / Off)
- Fan v2 (On / Off)
- Window Coverings
- Garage Door
- Television (On / Off)
- Lock Mechanism (2FA support)
Note: Google Smart Home does not currently support "sensor" devices such as Temperature Sensors, Motion Sensors, Occupancy Sensors etc.
Option 1: Install via Homebridge Config UI X:
Search for "Google Home" in homebridge-config-ui-x and install
Option 2: Manually Install:
sudo npm install -g homebridge-gsh
homebridge-gsh you must also be running homebridge-config-ui-x.
- Navigate to the Plugins page in homebridge-config-ui-x.
- Click the Settings button for the Google Smart Home plugin.
- Click the Link Account button.
- Sign in with your Google or GitHub account.
- Your account is now linked.
- Restart Homebridge for the changes to take effect.
- Add the Homebridge Action using the Google Home mobile app. See Wiki for detailed instructions.
Enabling Accessory Control
Homebridge must be running in insecure mode to allow accessory control via this plugin. See Enabling Accessory Control for instructions.
Multiple Homebridge Instances
This plugin must only be configured on one Homebridge instance on your network as the plugin will discover all your other Homebridge instances and be able to control them. For this to work:
- all instances must be running in insecure mode
- all instances must have the same PIN defined in the
- Only one Homebridge instance can be linked to an account (even across different local networks). You will experience unintended results if you try and link more than one instance to the same account.
1. Errors during installation
Make sure you installed the package with
sudo flag. Most installation errors can be fixed by removing the plugin and reinstalling:
# cleanup sudo npm uninstall -g homebridge-gsh # reinstall sudo npm install -g homebridge-gsh
2. Cannot control accessories
3. Ask on Slack
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md.
Copyright (C) 2019 oznu
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.