Image CC-BY-SA John Greenaway
Marvin helps us to manage the services that we use at P2PU using ansible.
The typical process of using a playbook is as follows:
- install ansible
- install Ubuntu Server 12.04 x86 on a remote host or virtual machine
- install ssh: 'apt-get install ssh' on the remote host
- copy your public rsa key to the remote host: "ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub email@example.com"
- add host.org to your /etc/ansible/hosts file
- run the playbook: 'ansible-playbook install.yml --extra-vars "hosts=host.org" -K'
- sit back and relax :)
Typically you will need to do other things like provide credentials and pass other variables to ansible-playbook. See the subdirectories for more details and instructions.