Image CC-BY-SA John Greenaway
Marvin manages the servers we use at P2PU using Ansible.
To use the Ansible playbooks, you need to
- install ansible on your local host.
- setup credentials (copy files from AWS S3 to ./host_vars and ./vars
- setup access to the remote hosts: copy your public key to the remote host:
ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub firstname.lastname@example.org
- put the vault password in ~/.vault_pass.txt on your local host
- run the relevant playbook:
ansible-playbook -v --vault-password-file=~/.vault_pass.txt -i inventory.ini learningcircles.yml
Currently there are 3 different plays to run:
- learningcircles.yml - that installs learning circles
- discourse.yml - that sets up discourse
- etherpad.yml - that sets up etherpad lite