Image CC-BY-SA John Greenaway
Marvin manages our servers using ansible.
To use the Ansible playbooks, you need to
- install ansible on your local host.
- clone this repo
- setup credentials (copy files from AWS S3 to ./host_vars and ./vars
aws s3 sync s3://sysadmin/marvin/host_vars/ host_vars/ && aws s3 sync s3://sysadmin/marvin/vars/ vars/. You'll need the AWS CLI installed and the correct credentials set up.
- setup access to the remote hosts: copy your public key to the remote host:
ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub firstname.lastname@example.org
- put the vault password in ~/.vault_pass.txt on your local host
- run the relevant playbook:
ansible-playbook -v --vault-password-file=~/.vault_pass.txt -i inventory.ini learningcircles.yml
Here are the different plays:
- learningcircles.yml - learningcircles.p2pu.org
- staging-learningcircles.yml - staging-learningcircles.p2pu.org
- community.yml - community.p2pu.org
- discourse.yml - discourse.p2pu.org
- etherpad.yml - etherpad.p2pu.org
- lernanta.yml - courses.p2pu.org (legacy)