Project mission is to provide simple, functional, embeddable web server to make it easy for application and device developers to implement web interface for their application and devices, and to offer a simple web development environment.
To accomplish it's mission, Mongoose keeps balance on functionality and simplicity by carefully selected list of features:
- Liberal, commercial-friendly MIT license
- Works on Windows, Mac, UNIX, iPhone, Android, and many other platforms
- Support for CGI, SSL, SSI, Digest (MD5) authorization, Websocket, WEbDAV
- Lua server pages with Sqlite, see page.lp
- Resumed download, URL rewrite, IP-based ACL, Windows service
- Excluding files from serving by URI pattern (file blacklist)
- Download speed limit based on client subnet or URI pattern
- Small footprint: executable size is 50 kB on Linux 2.6 i386 system
- 130 kilobytes Windows executable with all of the above and no dependencies
- Simple and clean embedding API, mongoose.h. The source is in single mongoose.c file to make things easy
- Embedding examples: hello.c, post.c, upload.c, websocket.c
- HTTP client functionality for embedded usage, capable of sending arbitrary HTTP/HTTPS requests
- User Manual
Questions can be asked at firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Keep Sergey happy
I am Sergey Lyubka, a software engineer from Galway, Ireland. I started working on Mongoose in 2004, and since then continuously improve it, investing thousands of hours of work. My other project I'm contributing to the community for free is Super Light Regular Expression library.
If you feel grateful for the stuff I've done, you can buy me a book from my Amazon wishlist. Many thanks to all who already did so: T.Barmann, D.Hughes, J.C.Sloan, R.Romeo, L.E.Spencer, S.Kotay, R.M.Shorter, W.Mar, J.Wilander, Santa from Memphis, S.Davies and 8 others. Appreciated guys, you keep my brains going! Cash is also welcome indeed. Press button to donate. Donation progress: 710/1000 € (thanks to O.M.Vilhunen, C.Radik, G.Woodcock, M.Szczepkowski, Eternal Lands Dev Team, T.Tollet, C.Tangerino, G.Karsai, A.Bourgett, C.Blakemore, D.Fonaryov, T.Andrle, O.IJsselmuiden, R.Womack, M.Tomlinson, A.Slåttå, L.Farrell, J.D.P.Ballestero, V.Albaev, B.Harker, T.Scheffel, H.Klein, R.Merit, T.Bennett, H.Solis, A.Zincenko, M.S., S.Krul, K.Cooke, S.McCallum, F.Morenius)