What is Cliplink for?
- I developed Clipboard-Link from end user need. It is a reliable method to create links to files and folders on Windows network drives.
- Spaces and special characters break Outlook's ability to create hyperlinks to network files. Clipboard-Link eliminates that problem.
How do I get set up?
- There is no configuration
- There are no dependencies
- No database configuration
- Save the contents of this repo to a network drive or share.
- Tell users to run setup from there.
How does it work
- Locate the file or folder on the network.
- Right-click and select Send To > clipboard-link
- Cliplink creates a safe link to the file and puts it on the Clipboard.
- Paste the link into Email, documents, etc.
To make a friendly link
- Create a link to a network file or folder with Clipboard-link and paste into a message
- Select the link part and Cut
- Select the name part between the brackets
- Select Insert menu > Hyperlink
- Paste the link in the URL box
- Click Ok
- Clipboard-link copies the file / folder name and shortened link to the clipboard
[Engineering Documentation] file://F:\ENGINE~1 ^ Name ^ ^ link ^
NOTE: **Cliplink will not create links for executables [files ending with .EXE, .COM, .BAT, etc.].