Join GitHub today
Welcome to the Techguns wiki!
Techguns is a survival based tech mod that adds guns, armors and many more things.
State of Development:
Techguns is in beta now. It should work on a dedicated server, up to now, no severe Bugs were reported. Still no guarantess for anything ;-)
Beta Update 1.1.0
see changelog Beta 1.1.0
New Version Information:
Have a look at the config file. /config/Techguns.cfg You can enable copper and lead, steel smelting etc, if you don't have other mods that add it. New option: machines need no power, if this is set to true machines behave as they are at full RF all the time.
New config entries have been added, start at least once with new version to have them generated or delete config file (Techguns.cfg)
Gore is enabled by default!!!
If you don't want gore disable it in config file!, this is clientside, and independent from a dedicated server.
If you want to have ore clusters spawned in your world, read this: [https://github.com/pWn3d1337/Techguns/wiki/Ore-Cluster-Worldspawn](Ore Cluster Worldspawn)
Techguns spawns some structures in the world, if you don't want them disable them in the config file (config/Techguns.cfg): 'B:SpawnStructures=true' in section general. Note: don't attack military bases without decent armour. To make NPC's stop spawning in military bases you must destroy the flag. It just could happen that they don't like that and send out something after you ;-).
Techguns uses now a danger system, that means more dangerous npcs may spawn further away from the worldspawn. Hot and cold biomes are also more dangerous. Don't start in a desert. If you don't like some NPCs you can change the spawn weights in the config file.
Forge (1.7.10): http://files.minecraftforge.net/
Chisel (1.7.10 Version): http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chisel - chisel API is implemented by some blocks and connected texture library is used.
Cofhlib (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/cofhlib) - for RF API
Cofhcore (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/cofhcore) - for world spawning
FTB Utilities (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ftb-utilities) - When playing on a server where not everybody is allied, Turrets can use the friends system and attack unfriendly players.
Some mods that provide power generation, cables, add common ore types. Like:
Thermal Foundation (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermal-foundation)
Thermal Expansion (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion)
Tinker's Construct (http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/tinkers-construct) - Integration into InventoryTabs, Some materials of Techguns are added to TC.
Not enough keys (http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/notenoughkeys) - causes problems with gun shooting/animation. Not gamebreaking/crashing but quite annoying.
- 3D Models
- Recoil/reload animations
- Muzzle flashes
- First and 3rd person
- Skins and 3D Models
- Armor bonus systems, giving boni like +% mining speed ore movement speed
- New inventory tab, compatible with Tinker's Construct. If TC is installed it will integrate into it's tab registry.
New item slots and items for them
- Face slot: wear things like a Gas Mask.
- Back slot: Glider and jetpack.
- New slots to put ammo.
- Auto food slots: automatically eat food put in here.
- Different damage types and armor values against each type.
- New hostile NPCs that use guns too.
- Turrets that can use guns.
- Brutal animations like gore or dissolving.
- can be disabled in config file. Clientside.
New machines that are required for crafting all the new stuff:
- Ammo press
- Metal press
- Chem lab
- Camo bench
Can switch skins of some Techguns armors and Weapons. Only a few have multiple skins currently.
- Repair bench
Repair Techguns armors here. Costs less than anvil and no XP. Armors can't be destroyed but become useless when at 0 durability.
Multiblock machines that generate ores out of clusters (Ore clusters spawn in the world, see section about configuration for making them spawn). Ore clusters last forever but drills are not free and require power. The amount of ores/time that can be get out of a cluster is limited. Effectiveness is configurable.
- Configure spawn rates
- Configure if common ores should be added (lead, copper, steel, etc) (disabled by default)
- Configure ore drill power and ore rates. Default rates (1.0) are for dedicated servers with chunkloaders, for singleplayer you should set the ore rate a lot higher and power lower.
- Enable death effects.
- Ore cluster World spawning: use cofhcore ore spawning. A config file for ore clusters is provided at (https://github.com/pWn3d1337/Techguns/wiki/Ore-Cluster-Worldspawn). Currently the most common ores from techmods are supported.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2728771 (Old WIP Forum Thread) http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2667317-techguns