The goal of this site is to bring a rich set of API documentation to the Cloud Foundry project, covering both the HTTP APIs of the components and Cloud Controller, as well as the raw message bus messages used to communicate between each of the Cloud Foundry components.
The goals of this site and project overall are:
- To establish thorough documentation on the communication of components.
- To track changes to functional boundries over time.
- To provide easy mechanism to extent and plug into Cloud Foundry through known APIs.
The documentation project is just beginning, so if you are interested in contributing, check out the repository on GitHub. To contribute, simply fork the site, make your changes, and send a pull request.
Here is the status of several of the components:
- HTTP APIs - mostly focused on user-facing endpoints so far
- Cloud Controller - progressing
- DEA - mostly complete
- Health Manager - all pages have content
- Router - all pages have content
- Service Gateway - not started
- Service Node - not started
- Stager - all pages have content
There are a few other side wide items needing work:
- Document standard formatting
The API Documentation project is not directly affiliated with VMware or the Cloud Foundry project itself. This project is a community contributed project.
Project contributors include: