Clone this wiki locally
Web site conversion events can be tracked by setting up "goals" and conversion funnels. Conversion goals are web pages that represent a conversions on your web site or application.
Examples of conversion goals might be:
- the "confirmation" or "receipt" page that is presented after an e-commerce purchase is made.
- the "thank you" page shown after a form has been submitted.
- the page shown after someone subscribes to a newsletter or mailing list.
Each goal can have a goal funnel associated with it. Goal Funnels are a set of pages that represent the path that you expect users to take before they accomplish a goal. Funnels are useful for determining the effectiveness of the path you have constructed for users to convert.
For an e-commerce web site a funnel might be:
- adding an item to the shopping cart
- entering shipping details
- selecting the payment method
- seeing the confirmation page (goal)
Goals and funnels are setup through OWA web interface and do not require any additional web page instrumentation or tagging. To setup a goal:
- select a web site from either the web site filter on reporting pages or from the sites roster
- click the Goals link to enter the interface
- Choose the goal that you want to define/edit
- Input your goal and funnel details