This is a major release from 0.22.0 and includes a number of API changes, new
features, enhancements, and performance improvements along with a large number
of bug fixes.
- Round-trippable JSON format with 'table' orient
- Instantiation from dicts respects order for Python 3.6+
- Dependent column arguments for assign
- Merging / sorting on a combination of columns and index levels
- Extending Pandas with custom types
- Excluding unobserved categories from groupby
See the full whatsnew for a list of all the changes.
The release candidate can be installed with conda from from conda-forge (builds for osx-64, linux-64 and win-64 for Python 2.7, Python 3.5, and Python 3.6 are all available):
conda install -c conda-forge pandas=0.23.0
Or via PyPI
python3 -m pip install --upgrade pandas
Updated conda packages will be available in the default channel shortly.