Contains the files I use to setup vim for editing code.
Includes akitaonrails + jredville's dot-files.
Clone this repo somewhere on your drive.
Then 'cd' into the repo and run this to get the snippets submodule:
git submodule init git submodule update
Copy the contents to your home folder on Linux/Mac copy the contents of vimfiles to ~/.vim on Windows you can copy the contents to %HOME%\vimfiles
Put this in your .vimrc file (in your home folder) along with your personal hacks:
source ~/.vim/vimrc "linux source ~/vimfiles/vimrc "windows
You will need these dependencies figured out:
- Ruby (for the fuzzy finder plugin)
- Exuberant Ctags (http://ctags.sourceforge.net/)
- Ncurses-term (in Linux only)
In Ubuntu, for example, you will have to do:
apt-get install exuberant-ctags ncurses-term
On Windows you have to download Ctags and add ctags.exe in your PATH.
Mac OS X and most Linux distros come with Ruby already. If you're in Windows look for Luis Lavena's latest Ruby Installer (http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinstaller/)
- Original project and most of the heavy lifting: @scrooloose
- Hacks and some snippets: @akitaonrails
- More hacks and snippets: @jredville