The SimpleCiShop is an ecommerce web application based on the famous CodeIgniter framework.
It's being currently refactored to run with PHP >=7.2 and CodeIgniter ^3.1.
The shop was fully functional since I have used it to sell myself products; actually the products you see in the demo site are real, and I used to sell them.
I was not satisfied with the other open source ecommerce systems that were in the market that time - neither am I now - so I decided to build my own simple shopping cart.
There is a lot of stuff to be done.
- Nested Categories translatable with html description
- Products with image upload (unlimited) and translatable html description
- New price option - like a discount which strikes through the old price
- Product variables - you can set as any variables as you like at any product which are also reusable but not yet very much implemented
- Discount Coupons - The system can generate discount coupons with a certain discount which can be used by the customers at an order to get a discount
The directory structure is mainly the CodeIgniter structure. There are a few things that are outside of that.
public/assets - Contains js / fonts
public/images - Contains the images of the products
public/theme - Contains the css and the images of the frontend website (notice that the website is not themeable yet)
public/uploads - Uploaded images that are used in the Product details/description
application/controllers/admin - The admin (backend) application controllers
application/controllers/shop - The shop (frontend) application controllers
- Clone the project
git clone https://github.com/panigrc/SimpleCiShop.git
- Import the simplecishop.sql to your MySQL/MariaDB server
- Change the 'database connectivity settings' in the
application/config/database.phpfile according to your needs
- Change into the project directory and run
- Your Docroot directory should be the
publicdirectory. If you have another Docroot configuration i.e.
public_htmlyou could create a symlink like this:
ln -s public public_html.
- Copy the
config.phpand edit it according to your setup.
- Browse to
- To access the administration visit