Goodies for mu4e
mu4e (mu for emacs)is a full-feature email client runs inside emacs. Here are some extensions/hacks of mu4e used by myself.
This extension add indicators to mode-line to show the status of the following 3 variables:
This extension let you open lync chat window directly from mu4e.
Note that because it's is implemented only by open URI like
sip:email@example.com, so technically the registed application for
sip will be opened(which on Windows will usually be Lync).
Way to use:
- Move cursor to any contacts in
Lto open Lync chat window with the contact
L in message body of
mu4e:view mode will open a chat
window with the sender.
This extension provides simple signature switch function for mu4e.
Way to use:
- Put signatures you may want to use to
Ctrl-c s(predefined key-binding) to switch between signatures when composing emails in mu4e
This extension provides some hacks to mu4e to change some default behaviors of mu4e.
- Allow a mu4e-view buffer detached from mu4e-header so that it will be
retained in a seperated window or frame. To use this function, press
'under mu4e-view mode.
- Always put attachements to the bottom of mail
- Quickly add last query to bookmarks
- TODO Remove duplicated signatures and mail headers which are very common in mails sent by Outlook before sent.
- Make the highlight of message in header view retained even when viewing the message, so we can distinguish which mail is read now.
- Fontify the signatures
- Using "\M-d" to quickly delete the whole address in to/cc field no matter the positon of the cursor
- Remove extra blanklines which is annoying in mails generated by Outlook/Exchange
(define-key mu4e-compose-mode-map "\M-d" (lambda () (interactive) (mu4e-goodies-wrapped-delete 'kill-word)))
- Quickly add(
k) flag to mails
Some actions maybe useful to you.
- Show the whole thread of current email. This is bound to
oin headers and message view by default.
- View the current email's html part by mu4e-html2text-command. This
is bound to
tin message view.
- Quick search all emails sent by current email's sender. This is
xin message view.
- Lync with all contacts in the current email. This is bound
Lin message view.
- Create org todo/meeting from current message. This is bounded to
n/min message view
Inform you when your mail contains some keywords (like attachment) while the coordinate feature is not found (like the mail doesn't get an attachment).
By far, the extension support 2 kinds of check:
check-attach: Whether or not the mail has an attachment
check-cc: Whether or not the mail has at least one Cc recipients
To use this extension, you may have to customize the variable
Provide usable functions for tag emails
a) to add tags in message view
G) to mark to add tags in header view
- Show tags in header view like: