Balcony railing clamp
Just something I'd designed to mount all kinds of things on my balcony. Utilizes laser-cut plywood and threaded rods for generic support structure, and 3D-printed part(s) to mount specific devices. Right now there's only one, and it's an action cam style mounting bracket (think GoPro and numerous clones).
BOM and detailed instructions
- 10cm pieces of M6 threaded rods x 7
- M6 nuts x 28
- Washers x 10
- Laser-cut plywood parts from this repo x 3
- Mounting gizmo to actually mount something on top of plywood: 3D-printed from this repo or custom x1
Also refer to this blog post: Homemade solar harvester to power your outdoor projects. and corresponding Git repo solar-harvester-145x145 for more details.
Description of contents:
Modeled with Autodesk Inventor 2018
- assembly.iam - full assembly of finished device.
- media/ - rendered stills and videos.
- models/ - constituent parts of assembly: ** plywood/ - parts you need to cut out of plywood. ** printed/ - right now, it's only one adapter for action cam bracket. That will expand as needed. ** . - misc hardware: threaded rods, nuts etc.
- plywood_drawings/ - DWG and SVG files for laser cutter.
- stl/ - folder with STL models for 3D printer.
- step/ - same models as in models/ directory, STEP file format.
- Exploded view IPN file, render assembly instructions with it.
- Ready drawings for common threaded rod sizes: M4, M6, M8.