Solar harvester for 145x145cm panel.
BOM and detailed instructions
Refer to this blog post: Homemade solar harvester to power your outdoor projects.
Description of contents:
Modeled with Autodesk Inventor 2018
- solar_harvester_145x145.iam - full assembly of finished device.
- solar_harvester_145x145.ipn - presentation file with exploded view. When rendered in reverse, results in video with assembly instructions.
- washer.pdf - template for silicone/rubber washer that goes between the lid and enclosure of harvester (to ensure it's watertight).
- stl/ - folder with 3D printed parts.
- enclosure/ - Inventor models of enclosure, source of everything 3D printed in stl/ folder.
- step/ - same models as in enclosure/ directory, STEP file format.
- parts/ - Inventor models of constituent electronics (e.g. everything not hand-crafted).
- media/ - rendered stills and videos.
- Add a stopper to SP16 back nut, that will prevent the nut from slipping.
- Utilize internal space more (shrink 3d printed parts).
- Support more different solar panel sizes.
- Support more charger boards: CN3791, TP4056, BQ24650.
- Figure out a simple way to de-humidity internal space.
- Make a "lip" at the brim and replace screws with bolts+nuts, that tends to be more watertight.