WP Launch Check
WP Launch Check is an extension for WP-CLI designed for Pantheon.io WordPress customers. While designed initially for the Pantheon dashboard it is intended to be fully usable outside of Pantheon.
To use WP Launch Check simply run the
wp launchcheck <subcommand> command like you would any other WP-CLI command.
For more information about WP-CLI you can visit their github page.
WP Launch Check should be considered in "BETA". Many of the checks have still not been tested in the wild. If you experience a problem please open an issue.
Installing this package requires WP-CLI v0.23.0 or greater. Update to the latest stable release with
wp cli update.
Once you've done so, you can install this package with
wp package install pantheon-systems/wp_launch_check.
Below is a summary of the available commands. Full technical description of each check run by each command can be found in the CHECKS.md
- wp launchcheck cron : Checks whether cron is enabled and what jobs are scheduled
- wp launchcheck general: General checks for data and best practice, i.e. are you running the debug-bar plugin or have WP_DEBUG defined? This will tell you.
- wp launchcheck database: Checks related to the databases.
- wp launchcheck objectcache: Checks whether object caching is enabled and if on Pantheon whether redis is enabled.
- wp launchcheck sessions: Checks for plugins refering to the php session_start() function or the superglobal
$SESSIONvariable. In either case, if you are on a cloud/distributed platform you will need additional configuration achieve the expected functionality
- wp launchcheck secure: Does some rudimentary security checks
- wp launchcheck plugins: Checks plugins for updates and known vulnerabilities