v.camelCase('bird flight'); // => 'birdFlight' v.sprintf('%s costs $%.2f', 'Tea', 1.5); // => 'Tea costs $1.50' v.slugify('What a wonderful world'); // => 'what-a-wonderful-world'
The Voca library offers helpful functions to make string manipulations comfortable: change case, trim, pad, slugify, latinise, sprintf'y, truncate, escape and much more. The modular design allows to load the entire library, or individual functions to minimize the application builds. The library is fully tested, well documented and long-term supported.
- Provides the complete set of functions to manipulate, chop, format, escape and query strings
- Includes detailed, easy to read and searchable documentation
- Supports a wide range of environments: Node.js 0.10+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari 7+, Edge 13+, IE 9+
- 100% code coverage
- No dependencies
See the complete documentation at https://vocajs.com
Voca can be used in various environments.
Node.js, Rollup, Webpack, Browserify
Install the library with npm into your local modules directory:
npm install voca
Then in your application import the entire library:
var v = require('voca'); v.trim(' Hello World! '); // => 'Hello World' v.sprintf('%d red %s', 3, 'apples'); // => '3 red apples'
Or individual functions:
var words = require('voca/words'); var slugify = require('voca/slugify'); words('welcome to Earth'); // => ['welcome', 'to', 'Earth'] slugify('caffé latté'); // => 'caffe-latte'
Load the UMD builds directly into browser's web page:
Then a global variable
v is exposed for the entire library:
For bug reports, documentation typos or feature requests feel free to create an issue.
Please make sure that the same problem wasn't reported already.
For general usage questions please ask on StackOverflow.
Contribution is welcome!
- Create a pull request containing bug fixes or new features. Include unit tests and keep the code coverage report near 100%
- Propose new functions, improvements, better documentation
See more details in Contributing guide.
Please note that this project is released with a Contributor Code of Conduct. By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.
Licensed under MIT