Paparazzi is an attempt to develop a free software Unmanned (Air) Vehicle System. As of today the system is being used successfuly by a number of hobyists, universities and companies all over the world, on vehicle of various size ( 100g to 25Kg ) and of various nature ( fixed wing, rotorcrafts, boats and surface vehicles).
Up to date information is available in the wiki http://paparazzi.enac.fr
and from the mailing list email@example.com and the IRC channel (freenode, #paparazzi).
Installation is described in the wiki (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Installation).
- paparazzi-dev is the meta-package that depends on everything needed to compile and run the ground segment and the simulator.
- paparazzi-arm-multilib ARM cross-compiling toolchain for LPC21 and STM32 based boards.
- paparazzi-omap toolchain for the optional Gumstix Overo module available on lisa/L.
- paparazzi-jsbsim is needed for using JSBSim as flight dynamic model for the simulator.
Directories quick and dirty description:
conf: the configuration directory (airframe, radio, ... descriptions).
data: where to put read-only data (e.g. maps, terrain elevation files, icons)
doc: documentation (diagrams, manual source files, ...)
sw: software (onboard, ground station, simulation, ...)
var: products of compilation, cache for the map tiles, ...
Compilation and demo simulation
type "make" in the top directory to compile all the libraries and tools.
"./paparazzi" to run the Paparazzi Center
Select the "Microjet" aircraft in the upper-left A/C combo box. Select "sim" from upper-middle "target" combo box. Click "Build". When the compilation is finished, select "Simulation" from the upper-right session combo box and click "Execute".
In the GCS, wait about 10s for the aircraft to be in the "Holding point" navigation block. Switch to the "Takeoff" block (lower-left blue airway button in the strip). Takeoff with the green launch button.
Uploading of the embedded software
Power the flight controller board while it is connected to the PC with the USB cable.
From the Paparazzi center, select the "ap" target, and click "Upload".
- From the Paparazzi Center, select the flight session and ... do the same than in simulation !