Configrity is a configuration library for Scala 2.9 or +. Configuration instances are immutable, thread-safe and allow functional design patterns, such as:
- Getting options to values
- Converting implicitly values via type-classes
- Reader monad
The API is now stable and covered by tests. However, as it is very young, it may contain some bugs.
import org.streum.configrity._ val config = Configuration.load( "server.conf" ) val hostname = config[String]("host") val port = config[Int]("port") val updatedConfig = config.set ("port",8080 ) upddatedConfig.save( "local.conf" )
- Automatic values conversions via type classes.
- Loading configurations from any source (File, InputStream, URL, etc.)
- Loading configurations from system properties and environment variables.
- Saving configurations to files.
- Interoperability with java properties.
- Hierarchical configuration blocks.
- Configuration chaining (such as to provide default values).
- Single import:
import configrity._imports all you need.
- Access through reader monads
- Loading from resources.
- Implicit converters for: File, URL, URI and Color.
- Export/Import formats: INI, JSON, XML, apache, plists, etc.
The only requirement is Scala 2.9. It should be easy to provide compatibility with Scala 2.8 by dropping some minor features. If you are interested, let me know.
The dependency line is:
"org.streum" % "configrity_2.9.0" % "0.6.1"
The dependency section is:
<dependency> <groupId>org.streum</groupId> <artifactId>configrity_2.9.0</artifactId> <version>0.6.1</version> </dependency>
To install Configrity you just need a working java installation (tested with JDK 1.6, but should work with 1.5) and SBT 0.10.x:
$ git clone git://github.com/paradigmatic/Configrity.git $ cd Configrity $ sbt > test > doc > package
See the wiki: https://github.com/paradigmatic/Configrity/wiki
A scaladoc reference can be found online: http://paradigmatic.github.com/Configrity/
You can github issues tracker, to report bugs or to ask for new features:
Patches are gladly accepted from their original author. Along with any patches, please state that the patch is your original work and that you license the work to the Configrity project under the LGPLv3 or a compatible license.
To propose a patch, fork the project and send a pull request via github. Tests are appreciated.
Configrity is a free and open source library released under the
permissive GNU LesserGPLv3 license (see
Copyright (C) 2011. Paradigmatic. All rights reserved.